Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An old standby

Okay, I know that beans and rice isn't glamorous, and it's something I've written about before, but... well, I guess I appreciate the little things. I made it the other day, and it was just super. I hadn't made it in a long time, so I figured it was just the time for it. This time, instead of just using black beans, I used black and pink! I bet any combination (black beans and red kidneys, red and pink, black and cannelini, etc) would be awesome. And snazzy looking, too. I seasoned it with some garlic and onion, and some chipotle and cumin. Mmmm... :-]

Just wanted to share. I lurves beans and rice! Also beans and polenta. I had some Trader Joe's double-roasted salsa and Skyr yogurt instead of sour cream on it, along with some Melinda's Original Habanero hot sauce... pretty amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment